Community Organisation Details
Please note: selected charities / community organisations / clubs must be Not for Profit organisations, raising money for local projects in the Tablelands Region and are subject to the Maize Festival Committee's approval.
- Entrants must be a resident and be employed in, or a student in the Tablelands Regional Council area.
- Entrants agree to abide by the code of conduct as outlined in the information booklet (handbook).
- Entrants must be turning 14-30 years of age in the year of the festival to enterEntrants may be sponsored by a Firm, Club, Association or Organisation, or they may sponsor themselves.
- Sponsorship of $100 (per sponsor) is required for each entrant.
- Entrants are required to fundraise for their nominated charity on behalf of the Maize Festival Committee.
- An impartial panel of judges will judge entrants on a number of areas (included in handbook). Judges decision will be final.
- Entrants must be available to attend official functions at which judges will be present (see handbook)
- Entrants are requested to attend various other functions held during the period of the festival where they will be introduced to the public. Although judging may not be carried out on these occasions, attendance at these functions is desirable as personal development, networking & promotion of the Ambassador program opportunities.
- All entrants will be required to write letters of thanks to their charities, sponsors & the donors of prizes.
- Entrants give permission for photos to be taken and used in promotional or marketing material for current or future use.
The Atherton Maize Festival Committee Inc., will always collect any required personal information from you directly. We are required to collect personal information including name, contact details for our membership register, and ticketed events. The Maize Festival will not sell or divulge this information to any other person. If you want to know the information we hold in your name or change that information, please contact the Maize Festival committee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. By entering the Ambassador program, you automatically grant permission to The Atherton Maize Festival Committee Inc. and its agents or volunteers, to use photographs or videos taken of you for promotion of the Maize Festival and Ambassador Program. This includes publications such as membership drives, brochures, newsletters, newspapers and magazines, as well as display boards and social media i.e. Facebook. Such photographs/ videos may also be used in electronic format in the same publications or on the Maize Festival website, Facebook or other electronic form or media, and to offer them for use or distribution in other non Maize Festival publications, electronic or otherwise, without notifying me. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs, videos or printed or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photograph.
I hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless the Atherton Maize Festival Committee Inc., and its agents or volunteers, including any firm publishing and/or distributing the finished product in whole or in part, whether on paper or via electronic media, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs or videos, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution.
I (applicant as named) 18 years of age or older and I am competent to contract in my own name. I have read this release before signing below, and I fully understand the contents, meaning and impact of this release. I understand that I am free to address any specific questions regarding this release by submitting those questions in writing prior to signing, and I agree that my failure to do so will be interpreted as a free and knowledgeable acceptance of the terms of this release.