We may be contacted at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.1 Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with our members, Ambassadors, participants, sponsors, suppliers and the public about our organisations activities and programs;
- as is reasonably necessary and convenient for our business’ functions and activities. Unless otherwise provided by law, we will not collect, hold, use or disclose sensitive information without your consent. If you would like to access any of our services on an anonymous basis or by using a pseudonym, please tell us. However, we will require you to identify yourself if:
- we are required by law to deal with individuals who have identified themselves; or
- it is impracticable for us to deal with you if you do not identify yourself or elect to use a pseudonym.
Please be aware that your request to be anonymous or to use a pseudonym may affect our ability to provide you with the requested goods and/or services.
2.2 What kind of personal information do we collect and use?
The nature and extent of personal information that we collect varies depending on your interaction with us and the nature of our functions and activities.
- Personal information that we commonly collect, hold, use and disclose could include your name, current address, email address, telephone numbers, age, business trading name.
- How do we collect and hold personal information?
- We will collect personal information directly from you. We collect information through our Ambassador program application. If you feel that the information that we are requesting, either on our forms is not information that you wish to provide, please feel free to raise this with us via email@example.com
2.3 Our internet service provider may record details of visits to our site and when visiting our site your visit may be logged and the following information collected:
- the visitor’s server address, domain name and browser type;
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed, and the documents downloaded;
- the previous website visited;
- the user’s operating system; and
- the links followed from other sites to get to the current site.
The information listed above will only be used by us internally for statistical and research purposes.
2.4 When do we use and disclose your personal information?
- We will only use and disclose your personal information:
- if we get your consent; or
- for purposes which are related to the purposes for which the information was collected,
- You have a right to access your personal information.
- Integrity of your personal information We will take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that the personal information that we collect is accurate, up to date and complete;
- ensure that the personal information that we hold, or use is, about the relevant purpose, accurate, up to date, complete and relevant.
2.5 Secure your personal information.
We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information that we hold if we no longer need the information for the primary purpose for which the information was collected and we are not otherwise required by law to retain the information. Complaints If you would like to make a complaint about the way we collect, use, disclose, store or administer your personal information, or otherwise consider there may be a breach of the Privacy Act, you may lodge a complaint via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with promptly.